Call for Papers
– Institute for Systems and Technologies of Information, Control and Communication
is sponsored by
The purpose of the 13th International Conference on Informatics in Control, Automation and Robotics (ICINCO) is to bring together researchers, engineers and practitioners interested in the application of informatics to Control, Automation and Robotics. Four simultaneous tracks will be held, covering Intelligent Control Systems, Optimization, Robotics, Automation, Signal Processing, Sensors, Systems Modelling and Control, and Industrial Engineering, Production and Management.
Informatics applications are pervasive in many areas of Control, Automation and Robotics; This conference intends to emphasize this connection, therefore, authors should highlight the benefits of Information Technology (IT) in these areas. Ideas on how to solve problems using IT, both in R&D and industrial applications, are welcome. Papers describing advanced prototypes, systems, tools and techniques and general survey papers indicating future directions are also encouraged. Papers describing original work are invited in any of the areas listed below. Accepted papers, presented at the conference by one of the authors, will be published in the Proceedings of ICINCO, with an ISBN. Acceptance will be based on quality, relevance and originality. Both full research reports and work-in-progress reports are welcome. There will be both oral and poster sessions.
Special sessions, dedicated to case-studies and commercial presentations, as well as tutorials dedicated to technical/scientific topics are also envisaged: companies interested in presenting their products/methodologies or researchers interested in holding a tutorial, workshop or special session are invited to contact the conference secretariat or visit the conference website.
Each of these topic areas is expanded below but the sub-topics list is not exhaustive. Papers may address one or more of the listed sub-topics, although authors should not feel limited by them. Unlisted but related sub-topics are also acceptable, provided they fit in one of the following main topic areas:
1. INTELLIGENT CONTROL SYSTEMS AND OPTIMIZATION
2. ROBOTICS AND AUTOMATION
3. SIGNAL PROCESSING, SENSORS, SYSTEMS MODELLING AND CONTROL
4. INDUSTRIAL INFORMATICS
AREA 1: INTELLIGENT CONTROL SYSTEMS AND OPTIMIZATION
- Genetic Algorithms
- Fuzzy Control
- Decision Support Systems
- Machine Learning in Control Applications
- Knowledge-based Systems Applications
- Hybrid Learning Systems
- Distributed Control Systems
- Evolutionary Computation and Control
- Optimization Algorithms
- Soft Computing
- Software Agents for Intelligent Control Systems
- Neural Networks based Control Systems
- Planning and Scheduling
- Intelligent Fault Detection and Diagnosis
- Engineering Applications
AREA 2: ROBOTICS AND AUTOMATION
- Image Processing
- Vision, Recognition and Reconstruction
- Robot Design, Development and Control
- Control and Supervision Systems
- Telerobotics and Teleoperation
- Vehicle Control Applications
- Industrial Networks and Automation
- Human-Robots Interfaces
- Network Robotics
- Autonomous Agents
- Intelligent Transportation Technologies and Systems
- Space and Underwater Robots
- Modelling, Simulation and Architecture
- Human-Machine Interfaces
- Collective and Social Robots
- Humanoid Robots
- Cognitive Approach for Robotics
- Mobile Robots and Intelligent Autonomous Systems
- Mechatronics Systems
- Virtual Environment, Virtual and Augmented Reality
- Perception and Awareness
- Surveillance, Fault detection and Diagnosis
- Engineering Applications
- Guidance, Navigation and Control
AREA 3: SIGNAL PROCESSING, SENSORS, SYSTEMS MODELLING AND CONTROL
- Adaptive Signal Processing and Control
- Environmental Monitoring and Control
- Optimization Problems in Signal Processing
- Signal Reconstruction
- Computer and Microprocessor-based Control
- Real-Time Systems Control
- Information-based Models for Control
- Nonlinear Signals and Systems
- System Identification
- Change Detection Problems
- Time-frequency Analysis
- Mechanical, Force and Tactile Sensors
- Biological Inspired Sensors
- Sensors Fusion
- Intelligent Components for Control
- System Modelling
- Modelling, Analysis and Control of Discrete-event Systems
- Modelling, Analysis and Control of Hybrid Dynamical Systems
- Engineering Applications
AREA 4: INDUSTRIAL INFORMATICS
- Intelligent Design and Manufacturing
- Resources and Knowledge Management in Industry
- Industrial Automation and Robotics
- Production Planning, Scheduling and Control
- Computer-based Manufacturing Technologies
- Facilities Planning and Management
- Quality Control and Management
- Energy Efficiency and Green Manufacturing
- Precision Engineering
- Manufacturing Systems Engineering
- Systems Modelling and Simulation
- Performance Evaluation and Optimization
- Human Factors & Human-System Interface
- Supply Chain and Logistics Engineering
ICINCO 2016 will have several invited keynote speakers, who are internationally recognized experts in their areas. Their names are not yet confirmed.
Authors should submit a paper in English, carefully checked for correct grammar and spelling, addressing one or several of the conference areas or topics.
Each paper should clearly indicate the nature of its technical/scientific contribution, and the problems, domains or environments to which it is applicable.
To facilitate the double-blind paper evaluation method, authors are kindly requested to produce and provide the paper WITHOUT any reference to any of the authors,
including the authors’ personal details, the acknowledgments section of the paper and any other reference that may disclose the authors’ identity.
Only original papers should be submitted. Authors are advised to read INSTICC's ethical
norms regarding plagiarism and self-plagiarism thoroughly before
submitting and must make sure that their submissions do not substantially overlap work which has been published elsewhere or simultaneously submitted to a
journal or another conference with proceedings. Papers that contain any form of plagiarism will be rejected without reviews.
Authors can submit their work in the form of a Regular Paper, representing completed and validated research, or as a Position Paper, portraying a short
report of work in progress or an arguable opinion about an issue discussing ideas, facts, situations, methods, procedures or results of scientific research
focused on one of the conference topic areas. All papers must be submitted through the online submission
platform PRIMORIS and should follow the instructions and
templates that can be found under Guidelines and Templates.
After the paper submission has been successfully completed, authors will receive an automatic confirmation e-mail.
All accepted papers will be published in the conference
proceedings, under an ISBN reference, on paper and on CD-ROM support.
SCITEPRESS is a member of CrossRef (http://www.crossref.org/) and every paper is given a DOI (Digital Object Identifier).
All papers presented at the conference venue will be available at the SCITEPRESS Digital Library.
The proceedings will be submitted for indexation by Thomson Reuters Conference Proceedings Citation Index (ISI), INSPEC, DBLP, EI (Elsevier Index) and Scopus.
Our conference will take place at the Lisbon Marriott Hotel, this 4 star Venue was considered Portugal’s leading conference hotel.
Kurosh Madani, University of Paris-EST Créteil (UPEC), France
Oleg Gusikhin, Ford Research & Adv. Engineering, United States
Dimitri Peaucelle, LAAS-CNRS, France